Friday, December 16, 2011

The bathroom

The bathroom is fairly small, but entirely functional and the shower area is actually larger than one would expect in an RV of this size. That specky-looking flower wallpaper will be redone in a gold on gold rag-rolled finish. I gathered handfuls of sample chips from Home Depot and Lowes and that one just caught our attention every time. We both really liked it and it will go well in the dinette area, too.



 I think I will put my little glass mosaic tiles on that skinny shelf.


I spent a couple hours in Lowes and found all sorts of ideas. The counter tops I think I'll redo in a chocolate brown granite - there is a kit that will do the whole RV's countertops and the dinette table and will look good with the wall finish. That window is an escape hatch so it gets no curtains at all - I for one do not want to get tangled up in mini-blinds while fleeing in the night! I am putting a vinyl window film over it that is opaque, lets in light but affords privacy:


The fixtures will be re-painted with Krylon Fusion paint in a pearl white tone. Replace the faucets and towel holders with brass. All creams, browns and golds - should look pretty good.


The floor will be Allure Resilient Flooring in either bamboo plank or a sandstone tile. Doug likes the bamboo and I am leaning strongly that way, although that would mean I have to paint all of the oak cabinetry. That really doesn't break my heart, although it is in really great shape. Hmm.



I will also replace the vent cover in the shower with a clear one for better light and upgrade the fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment